Search


To get FREE & exclusive emails insert your email-id here

email id:



Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Intercoastal Myalgia or Intercostal Myalgia (Pain in the Ribs)

I had a pain in my chest just at the branching of my right bronchi in my right lung whenever I ran for long and then quick. I always thought it had something to do with my chest. But finally I found the reason. It was intercoastal myalgia.
Intercostal muscles are the muscles in between your ribs, which help in the expansion of rib cage in the dorso ventral axis during inspiration. When there's a pain in any of these muscles due to some reason or other it manifests as severe chest pain...

Thankfully I had it on my right side,,
Had it been on the left side I'd have died of anxiety thinking it was a heart attack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment if anything is missing


Don't forget to visit and follow


BLISSFUL LIFE